Sunday, February 11, 2007

The building of the Stamp Station

Hello everyone!!

I am excited about beginning a blog. Many of you that know me are saying...like you need another thing to do! Well, I thought if I cannot stamp daily like I would like to do maybe I could write about it.

I know reality is...I will not post every day. But I am learning that I can post pics and other fun stuff - stamping or not related.

Today I really thought I could spend some time stamping, but thus far I have put things away in my stamp area - are you proud of me Elizabeth? I had two very wonderful people help me with the building of the Stamp Station. I wanted an area that was functional and was easy and fun to put things away. It really is fun to put things away when they have a home! I also wanted an area that my son could play in and we could be around each other without a problem.

This is where my friends stepped in. Marcy helped me move and eliminate furniture. After that, she would not come back - and I could not blame her - LOL - but she still speaks to me - wink. And that is where Elizabeth came in. She is good at categorizing and MAKING YOU THROW STUFF OUT. There were times I was ready to throw her out, but I have to give her credit for being willing to come back. It was a lot of fun and it made me think! The room is not quite finished, but it is very functional. I can now have mini camps in my basement!! Wa-hoo. My husband and son can have the first floor and not be disturbed with playing.

I had a home show yesterday, and I have a powerline meeting this Friday night. I need to get things put away and straigthened up so we can meet in the Stamp Station.

Well, back to straightening up. I gave away a computer desk and hutch that I was using as my stamp table and now have to rig something up temporarily to stamp on. I have my eyes set on something cool - that I have to build. Thought has gone into this, and I would like to see it happen. I know reality is, it will not be built in a weekend. So for now, I make do and others will too. The best part is..I can have people over to stamp and scrap! That makes me happy :)

Have a good day!

No comments: