Sunday, April 8, 2007

Baby Card and Crate Paper.


I know someone who recently had a baby, so I wanted to make a card. I really like this set, Little One, from Stampin' Up!, but it has since retired.
I used some scraps from the Crate paper I actually cut into. I used a strip for the border, and the second sheet to mat the sleeping baby on.
The card base is Barely Banana. I used Black Staz-On ink for the baby image and the sentiment. I then used Stampin' Up! watercolor pencils and blender pen.
I stamped, watercolored and cut out the giraffe. I used a pop dot so I coudl add dimension. I considered this my embellishment. This is an original of mine. I did have a hard time deciding what color to use on the diaper cover and shirt. I needed a color to match the patterned paper and have it be neutral.
I think this card turned out okay. I just need to send it out now!

No comments: