Saturday, March 15, 2008

A little out of the color comfort zone.








Well, you know how I said in my previous post how I was not comfortable with mixing colors? I found a color challenge in one of my scrapbook magazines. Here are the colors: teal, pink and coral. Okay, I used a retired SU! stamp set for the images. I used Cameo Coral ink for the floral stamp and stamped it on white. I layered that on Taken with Teal. Then I tried to layer it on Pretty in Pink, but thought the pink was too light. I picked a darker color - maybe a Purely Pomegranate. I don't actually own Purely Pomegranate - yet - but I am going to be ordering me some! I stamped the retired Floral background in Rose Red. I liked how it turned out. The flowers look a little two dimensional because of how the colors work together. I hope that comes through on this post. I needed a birthday card for my niece whose birthday is tomorrow. So the Birthday Wishes is stamped in Basic Brown. I originally pulled out the Basic Black, but wanted to try something different, so out came the brown. I am pleased with it. The ribbon is out of my stash. Again, one of those embellishments I have been hoarding. I think the three colors turned out pretty well together. So join the challenge - coral, pink and teal!

No comments: