Friday, March 14, 2008

Playing around


I am enjoying making 3x3 cards. I used SU! Pretty in Pink cardstock for a base.

The first image I used my Basic Grey paper! I am sorry, I cannot remeber what the name of the collection is. I have been hoarding my Basic Grey paper and finally decided what am I saving this for? I know I am in good company with hoarding items. We all have something we really like, but don't want to use it as then it will be gone. So you have to ask yourself...why am I saving this? What do I want to do with it? And here is a biggee...What purpose does it have just sitting on a shelf? With those questions I asked myself, I decided that others should enjoy the papers and embellishments I have. I bought these embellishments wanting to create something to bring joy to the receiver. Wow!! Okay, so back to the first image. I used Basic Grey for the inner pink square. I sponged SU! chocolate chip on the edges. Then I adhered the patterned paper (Basic Grey -and yes the first cut can be the hardest). I then finally used Prima Flowers that I have been hoarding. Just a simple card that can be used for any event.

The next two images also used Basic Grey papers. I picked up these three dimensional purse stickers by K&Co. Since I had not been stamping in a while, I thought I would try and use these to help get me jump started. But I have to be honest. I became a little frustrated. It is ingrained in me not to mix patterns, and colors have to be close. I am in awe when I see others use different patterened paper and mix colors. I get inspiration, but when I get to my table..I freeze and don't commit :). Okay, so I didn't think I did too bad, but still kept the color scheme safe. The pinks had to match somehow. I wasn't willing to go out of my comfort zone.

I stamped the border with a Magenta brand stamp and then added glitter here and there. Some glitter is on the border, some glitter is on the purse, scarf, flower. Currently, they are blank inside so I can use it for a couple different occasions.

I will be using one of these today. I mailed out my Niece's birthday card and forgot to enclose the check. I was so focused on beating the mail man to the mail box, that I forgot to include the check. My niece is heading to college in the fall. She knows far better than I do what she needs to head out on her own! For the inside I will include a saying about shopping.

Since these are 3x3 cards and cannot be mailed in a 3x3 envelope, I am planning on sending it in an A2 size envelope.

No comments: