Monday, October 13, 2008

Bella Rose Polka Dots

Good morning Stampers!
In my neck of the words we had beautiful weather, which meant..not spending a great deal on in depth card making. I needed some female birthday cards, so that was my theme this week. Call it Simple Female. Okay, that just doesn't sound good saying it out loud. So just say Simple Female in your head and my point about my theme comes across much better! You know that simple cards are what I have to focus on right now.



For this card, I used the Pink Pirouette in the 12x12 paper because it is the only size paper that comes in the textured paper for the in-color series. Wow.. that was a mouth full and I hope you could follow that. Many people, include myself, wish that SU! would make the textured cardstock in the 8.5x11 size. So the Pink Pirouette is the base. Then I used the Bella Rose paper - to be honest, I don't own any other DSP yet. Right now though, I really like the Ski Slope DSP in the Winter mini occasions/catalog is my favorite.
To get the scallops, I used the 1/2" punch (which is the same size as the pink polka dots you see) and punched out 1/2" circles in Riding Hood Red cardstock.
The pink DSP in the middle, is on the flip side of the polka dot paper. Sweet!
The white ribbon is a double faced white satin.
Happy Birthday is stamped in Riding Hood Red.


There you have it! Easy Peasy.

Go forth and stamp!

See you Wednesday!

No comments: