Friday, October 17, 2008

Inspired by Baja Blue

Good morning Stampers!

I am so sorry about Wednesday! I had every intention to post this Wednesday morning, but Tuesday came and went faster than I can remember. Okay, an hour of that was spent napping. A lot of reading and computer work can do that to the eyes.

I hope this is finding you all well. The weather has turned cool and the leaves are falling and the mood can be gray at times. I am enjoying sleeping with the windows open in my bedroom to hear the crickets chirping, and then turning on the heating blanket to keep me all snugly. Reminds me a little of camping. There have been times in which I have heard an owl outside hooting. I get worried about that putting my boys out at night, but I have been assured that my boys are too big for the owl to come swoop them up.

I still have a couple of birthday cards to send out - and of course for this whole month the theme inside is "Happy Belated Birthday." I prefer to send them out ahead of time, and I even have a dummy reminder bell that goes off, but I still cannot get my act together. In December I am having a Birthday card theme stamp camp, so I will have some made up ahead of time. That is half my battle. Thankfully for me...my friend Marcy is gifted in making masculine cards, so I freely give her creative reign with designing those cards. But for December...we will be using a couple of the cupcake stamp sets that are currently on special through SU! for the month of October. My other friend Elizabeth reminded me that I am behind on posting October's special and taking down September's. Which I am grateful for because I did forget about doing that. I won't get a chance to do anything until this weekend.

I am pleased with how this card turned out. I once again used the scrapbook paper that I traded with my friend Marcy. I really liked it and I am so glad that we did that exchange program. I am also glad to see that cardmaking is using more and more scrapbook paper. It has been helpful to me when I need to pull something together quickly. What I used:
SU! cardstock: Baja Blue, Kiwi Kiss (both in colors), Pink Passion, Apricot Appeal, white.
SU! ink: Baja Blue
SU! markers: Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Green Galore, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal.
I added some glitter to the cone of the flower.
SU! set: Inspired by Nature. Sentiment is SU! but I cannot remember what the name of it is - forgive me please. (I cannot access my room right now)
SU!: 1 3/4 inch square punch.
Other: White double faced satin ribbon, scrapbook paper, scalloped dies.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by. See you Monday!

No comments: