Monday, January 12, 2009

Heartfelt Thanks and using supplies

Good morning Stampers!



The Heartfelt Thanks was already stamped. In fact several of them were stamped on a piece of white cardstock. There they sat. I would pick the sheet up, look at it and then push it aside not sure what to do with it. Because of the Lion Valentine I made, it reminded me that I had plenty of scrapbook paper that I had to have, but alas forgot what "perfect project" that I was to use it for.
I began going through my sheets and found this one. I liked the colors (it had bordering blue in it) and the design. I think this may be from a K & Co. scrapbook pad. The brown color is a flip side of another design (which luckily for me, I didn't really care for).
The ribbon is from Michael's. The button, from my button basket. I was going to tie a square not and then use a glue dot to put over the knot, but I decided that would be too bulky. So..I sewed the button on to the ribbon. It really did not take long. I took a short piece of ribbon and sewed the button on the two layers of ribbon. If I had knotted the ribbon, the tails would place the same way. So I am pleased how it turned out.



In this photo you see the accessories I used. I had some of this "Glitter Writer" from the "fabric painting" days. It does have a white or clear glitter in it, but I used is as an adhesive - 'repurposing' an item. I held onto it after all these years. Yep, reinforcing once again, not to throw anything away - UGGH. I thought I would try my hand at some glitter, as I don't use it much or think to use it. I had some fine glitter, again from many years ago!, and I wanted to try my hand at it. I used nutmeg for the center of the flower. A little darker than I like, but I think it is okay.

>

After all was said and done, I had some scraps left over. I was able to make a 4.25 x 4.25 card. This time I added the garden green behind the brown. It ties in with the leaves of the flower.

I used the "fabric glitter" again as my adhesive and this time used a light blue glitter - yes, that I have had a while. I won't tell you how many years, or decade.

I thought this would make a nice Anniversary card so I used stamps from SU! Fundamental Phrases and my Stamp-a-majig. The Heartfelt Thanks is popped up using SU! pop dots.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: