Friday, January 9, 2009

Thinking of Spring

Good morning stampers!

I had been "blurfing" and came across a post at Kristina Werner's blog. She had a card I really liked and wanted to replicate. You can see her card here: http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/2009/01/finally-friday---dry-embossed-frame.html She also has a video on how she did the dry embossing for her card. (Someday I would like to be able to do videos like she offers).

Here is my version:





I used a retired SU! stamp set. I still had the Black Staz-on ink out and the watercolor paper - from the Valentine Day card. So, off I went again.
I began with Pretty in Pink as the base color. Then I layered Pale Plum and then Perfect Plum. I added some glitter to the "pistols" of the flower. Okay, I am drawing a blank on what those things are called. Stymens? maybe. Uggh.

I pulled out my square Wizrd die and used it to dry emboss on my cardstock using the SU! empressor. All I did was feel around for the "edge" and traced the empressor around the four sides. That created a "frame" for the crocus.
I attempted a bow at the bottom - like Kristina did on her card. I found out, I am not a big fan of tying bows on cards, because I am out of practice. Give me the square knot anytime!

The card is a 4 1/4 x 4/14 so I can still mail it in an A-2 size envelope. I have been working on thinking that it is okay if the card does not fit perfectly in the envelope.

No comments: