Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Iridescent Dragonfly

Good morning Stampers!

I wanted to share a card I received from my upline Jan.

I really like the color combination and the added hardware charm on the card. After I took the picture, I realized a SU! mini glue dot would hold the ribbon slide charm really well. But when you open a card, you usually look at it "flat" and not "upright", so that is why I did not catch that, but a tip for you. When you use a ribbon slide charm add a SU! mini glue dot to the back of it to hold it in place. It is the weight of the charm that is making it weigh south. Who knows, maybe they have made these charms lighter. The follow-up tip: ...when you are adding a ribbon slide charm, usually the card is flat on your surface and you would not catch the charm going south unless you stood it up on the table.
So there you are!


I think it is coming through a little bit on the post. The dragonfly was stamped with versamark ink and Iridescent Ice embossing powder poured over it. When you heat the EP, you get this iridescent, glittery look to it

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is purty!!! It looks like a watercolor effect of blues and purples on the dragonfly really picked up the shimmer. I like that!