Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Graduation card idea

Over the weekend I received this cute 4x4 card from my upline Janet Wakeland. Actually, the thought ran through my mind...Graduation is coming up! I have a niece who is graduating next month, so it reminded me to begin working on a card...you know not like what happened with my brother and sister-in-law's Anniversary Card! This card is cute, quick, and is non-gender specific. All the images are from Stampin' Up! Stampin' Up! does make the large star punch as well as a small size as well. The two punch sizes complement the Star Jumbo Wheel which was used on the River Rock cardstock. It is difficult to see in the picture.


Inside the card was this smaller card. It measures 2.5 x 2.5.
It is blank inside. Something the Graduate could write in and hand to the recipient.
When using card sizes other than an A2, you have a couple of options. The 4x4, 3x3 sizes I would either hand deliver them - like taking to a party, or seeing that person on their birthday, or I would put the card in an A2 envelope to mail. Yes, I would put the 3x3 in an envelope and then put that inside an A2 size envelope. A 3x3 size cannot be mailed.
A 5x5 square or larger, you may already know this. It can be mailed, but will need extra postage because of its size and shape. The automated letter sorter, cancellers, or whatever else the machine does, was not designed for this size or shape.
Something to think about for your mid-week!
Colors: Blue Bayou: cardstock, ribbon, ink; River Rock cardstock and ink.
Stamps by Stampin' Up!

No comments: