Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday Stash

I thought the title appropriate! I have talked about using "stuff" I just
"had to have" and then hoarded it for that "perfect project". That's a log of "quotes" - LOL. I picked up this sheet of tags by KI Memories at a scrapbook store in town. They were on clearance and I have to admit I probably have had this sheet for a year or more (but no more than two years!). I got it out and was determined to use a tag from it.












Now, I also had these pre-printed cards from DCWV that, yes, I have had for a year plus. You know, you walk by and the wheels begin to turn and you have all these ideas you can do with these cards. Well, I brought them home and they sat. No time to give to these cards. I am showing the card open because my wheels began to turn again...I could cut the card in half and make two cards out of one, or use the berry color for a layer that I know would go perfectly with the patterned part of the card. But, I showed mercy on this card and have left it intact. I did cut into my DCWV mat stack, yes that I have had for a year plus :), and used it as a layer.


With all of that being said, you see the finished card. I used
the retired Stampin' UP! set Delight in Life. I stamped the flower on White in Rose Red ink. I used my blender pen to color it in. You can't really see, but I added glitter to the middle of the flower. I mounted the KI Memories tag onto the white square. I had some pink/white ribbon which "tied" in well with the colors - no pun in tended.
The green cardstock is from DCWV and I stamped the sentiment in Artichoke. Added pop dots behind the pink tag and I was finished! Quick, simple and cute - I must say myself.
So, go get something out of your stash and create something.
I would enjoy hearing about what you did and send me a link so I and others can enjoy your creation! You can do all of that in the comments section.
Enjoy your day!

No comments: