Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Template

Happy Wednesday!!






I came across this idea from another blog site. I think it was Julie Bruehler's. I took a 12x12 piece of white paper. I chose that size because if I work witha 12x12 size I can cover most of the paper and minimizing the distractions with coming up with a design.
I then traced an A2 size card in the middle of it and cut it out with the hobby craft knife. As you can see, I used my Basic Grey 12x12 cutting mat. Very useful!
I put my Brilliant Blue cardstock down first, then Bashful Blue for a layer. I could see how I wanted my layout and how much Bashful blue I need for the layer. I added to the right side on my template one inch, one-half inch, and one quarter inch marks so that when I decided how I wanted the layer to look, I knew how much to trim. I have made guesstimates on how much I needed to trim only to find out I cut too much, or not enough. Since adding my "ruler" to the side, I know how much to trim.
I added the pumpkin pie scallop and then the white circle that will have an image on it.


Then I could see how the card would look -dimensions and colors - before I committed to cutting any paper. Pretty slick!



Oh - and I got the color combo from a color challenge.


The colors are: Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue,
Whisper White.


Stampingly yours,

Dee Dee




















No comments: