Sunday, May 4, 2008

Embrace Life & Surfing

It has been a couple of weeks since my last post. Things have been hectic at work and I was getting ready for the Tart & Tangy class that was held yesterday. I got to catch up with some women I haven't seen in too long! I also got to meet someone new - Hi Colleen!

I have had this card made up and finally get a chance to post it. This is the Embrace Life stamp set. I used Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, and Groovy Guava stitched ribbon. The patterned paper is from the Ginger Blossoms DSP line. I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities - Circle scallop. I was able to run that through the Cuttlebug machine.
I have been very good resisting the temptation to purchase papers that is not Stampin' Up - because I like SU's quality of paper and the fact that it coordinates with their ink. But I was brainstorming with Marcy and I decided I needed to get the flourshes and foil matstack that DCWV makes. Well Jo's was sold out, but I could not fight the resistance to pick up the Summer Glitterstack matstack. In it I found some glitter paper that just blinded my senses - LOL. I was in line purchasing it...but I still need to get the foil and glitter stack. I will show you what my plans are with that once it is back in stock!
So, the first two sheets in the Summer glitterstack are surf boards. Instantly masculine..yes, I know women surfboard, but I don't live in California so I think I am okay to just make these masculine cards. I used the 3.5 x 5.25 card size (this size was used in the Tart & Tangy Class)
The verse is from the SAB set Lots of Thoughts set. I stamped it in Real Red, used my 1 1/4 inch punch, then used my 1 3/8 punch to punch out the Real Red cardstock for layering. The ribbon is grosgrain - white and red. Brilliant Blue cardstock used as layering.

No comments: