Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Anything but a Card, Gift Bag

Good morning Stampers!

I LOVE being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Why? Because I get cool ideas from the SU! website, SU! Stampin' Success - a monthly publication, SU! Onstage - a quarterly publication.

Today's post comes from a sample in the Onstage publication. I was so psyched to see this one that I knew immediately I had to do make one.

A Gift Bag!!
It uses two sheets of 12x12 paper AND that piece of thin card board that comes with the DSP packet to keep the paper from bending in half - this bag uses some of that to keep the bottom sturdy. Talk about recycling! I love it!
I also used my newly acquired SU! Crop-a-Dile! Have you tried one of these? It is a great tool, especially for mothers with newborns, or people with arthritis or carpal tunnel. It punches the hole for you and sets your eyelets effortlessly and quietly. It can even set the snaps that are out on the market. Did not believe it until I tried it myself. I am so glad I went ahead and splurged on one!

This all fell together nicely. Both my mother and mother-in-law's birthday is this month. Remember the Tart & Tangy class I held? Well, I had left over DSP - Picnic DSP - so I took two sheets of it and made the gift bag. It coordinates beautifully with the note cards and box AND I used left over DSP paper I had. Can you tell I am just beside myself???

The canister to the right of the picture I had posted earlier on my blog. I recycled a Crystal lite "can" and covered it in the picnic DSP. I used the So Scallops stamp set that was FREE during Sell-a-Bration. (Thank you Marcy). Punched it out with the Scallop Punch. I used a bread tie to hold the red grosgrain around the "can" and added the scallop tag to that bread tie. The stamp says "You are so sweet" so inside are Hershey kisses.


Another great thing about the SU! DSP is that they are double sided. When I made this bag, I did not need to worry about what the inside would look like since the paper is double sided. I also knew it would coordinate perfectly! That is a great "no-brainer" for me!

Here is a close up of the inside of the bag.
you can see that it is dotted.

What do you think?

No comments: