Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July

Happy Independence Day everyone!

This idea came from two events. Independence Day and a stamper I know, Matthew, competed at Special Olympics last weekend. He placed fourth in Tennis singles, and fifth in Tennis doubles! Congratulations Matthew! Not sure how coordinated I would be at playing doubles. I think I would run in front of the other person to hit that ball.

I knew I wanted to make a celebration card for
both events. I used the Large and Small star punch from SU! I also used the Classic Stars Jumbo wheel from SU!.



Not all glitter is made equally! I was at JoAnn's for some curtain loops and spotted a glitter pack in the $1.00 bin. It quickly found its way into my little basket. What I want you to see here is the star on the left I punched out white cardstock, then glittered.

The punch on the right, I punched out in Brilliant Blue, then glittered. I think there is a big difference in the look of the two stars. So what is the lesson? If you are using colored glitter, try to match the color cardstock to the glitter. I think it enhances the glitter.

How I adhered the glitter to the cardstock...I used SU! Heat N Stick powder. I applied Versamark Ink, sprinkled the Heat N Stick powder on top, then heated it until it melted - but not overheat. When it is just heated, it is tacky like glue. I then added the glitter on top. For good measure, I heated it again - just a touch, and then turned the star over and pressed down - to set the glitter.

These are the two cards I came up with:

One to celebrate Independence Day and one to Congratulate Matthew on his wonderful finishes in Tennis!

Thanks for looking!


No comments: