Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Got me a drawer - not just any drawer

Good morning Stampers!

I have a good reason as to why I did not get to post on Monday. I woke up at 3:15a.m. from a dream. In the dream I was cutting paper for my upcoming Stamp Camp. I could not get back to sleep. Then something in the air began to bother me, so I took some antihistamine. I was able to stay awake until 6:00 a.m. and then I went back to lay down. I woke up at 8:00 a.m., but still felt like I was in a fog. I really don't like that as I don't focus and lose any motivation to do anything - which included stamping. I think that should be a side effect listed on the side of the bottle or warning. Warning: may effect stamping motivation. Do not operate stamps, heat gun, cutters, hobby knife blades, etc!

As the day continued, I went and completed some errands. One of them was to purchase NON-Drowsy antihistamine! Then my father came over and installed this:

I had this idea of a pull out drawer under my stamp table. I am usually trying to think of ways to maximize space and still be functional. Now, I am blessed to have a handy father. I explained what I envisioned, and he came up with this.

This view is of it "closed".






Now as I am standing at my table and I need to cut something, I just pull out my "drawer". I can stand there and cut. No more going across the room to cut!







This shows you the "top view". I can get my 12x12 cutter AND my 12x12 cutting mat, or my scoring template.
I inquired about a slot in the middle of the drawer so my scrap paper could just drop into the trash, but no could do. I think maybe my dad thought it would compromise the strength of the board if it had a slot hole in the middle of the drawer about 12 inches long. I could understand that. My consolation prize - a groove for writing instruments and my hobby craft knife!

I purchased two drawer pull outs from Home depot. The wood was just left over in my dad's workshop.

I had "my moment" in which I got to cut a piece of paper on the trimmer to "test drive it".

It is absolutely beautiful and I am extremely grateful!
Now, I won't tell you the next project I am working on...as it will wait until Winter time.

The sewing table that I did have the cutter on, now has a sewing machine on top of it. I have wanted to try sewing on cards, but have not been motivated to pull the sewing machine out. Now, I just hope it works okay. It was giving me a fit about two months ago.

The next couple of hours, dad and I power washed the ultra mini deck and ramp - which isn't ultra mini. He showed me how to operate it. I was pretty impressed to see four years of dirt be blown away on the ultra mini deck. Now in a couple of days, Thompson Water Seal will cover it up!

Tonight I am hoping to spray for weeds and thistle. I am not sure if I will get to post again until Thursday or Friday. Some of the house chores have needed to get done for a couple of years and I have my chance to tackle them.

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

So...what do you think of my drawer?

Have a good week!

No comments: