Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday Stash - Friend

Good morning!

I am late in posting Saturday Stash!
Yesterday, my husband, father and myself added a ramp to our "ultra mini deck". It was a ramp that my dad at his place, but he did not need it anymore, so it came to our place. In between the times he was cutting wood, I spent the time with my "war against the weeds". This time on the other side of the yard. I got quite the workout between the two activities. And once again, became acquainted with muscles that I had forgotten about! I had to warm up to get out of bed, thus the late posting. I have to say though, with pulling up weeds, I found out I have grubs (because I found one!) and I got to show my son a baby toad - very cute! He also had fun visiting with a neighbor and then playing in the mound of dirt with his construction toys.



For today's Saturday Stash, I pulled out some retired SU! Designer series paper. I think they are gorgeous, and I love to work with the SU! DSP because they coordinate to so well. I did not have to guess as to what to use.



I found a card sketch I liked on the web and used that to base the card on. Easy Peasy!

Here is what I used:
Stamps: For a Friend - Level 1 Hostess - RETIRING this August!
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Ballet Blue, White.
SU! Designer Series Paper (DSP): Sarah - RETIRED
Ink: Staz-on - black.
SU Markers: Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Ballet Blue

I wanted to show you on this pic that I added color
over the saying "friend" and around the flower. I also alternated the color dots with the color of the papers. I think it added to the image, so don't worry about adding color to a saying. If you aren't sure, stamp a second one on scraps and see if you like it before you add color to your finished one.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: