Sunday, July 20, 2008

Simple Sunday -For a Friend

Good morning Stampers!

Stamp Camp went great yesterday. Once again I learned new things from these Stampers! We shared, we laughed, and made cards! Next time I will take my camera so you can see the fun we have. OH! and I got to share a new tip that was developed by moi! I have been asked to share the tip on my blog, so I will. Just not today :)

I made a simple 3x3 card today. An A2 just seemed overwhelming to me! I am trying to be aware of color combinations and when I see how other stampers put them together it seems so easy. When I get to my stamp table and begin to pull out papers, I become overwhelmed and under confident in my choices. Here is where some art background would be helpful. I know there are primary, secondary and tertiary colors and then there is analogous colors - huh? Foreign language I have now entered, so I will need to spend some time understanding what all this means.
So lucky for me....I have a friend from out of town that I went to high school and college with that was an art and graphic major. You know I am going to take advantage of her knowledge!

In the mean time, I chose some "safe colors". These are from the retiring In Colors from SU! I have to tell you now that Purely Pomegranate and the Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon are both sold out. I am going to miss the Purely Pomegranate ribbon. I thought it was a rich color and the quality of the ribbon, double stitched I mean, is really great! I hope the new In Colors have the coordinating double stitched ribbon as well.




For this card I used the following:
Stamp Set: For You - Hostess Level 1 - retiring August 10th
Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky - all retiring August 11th, White
Ink: Same as above - applied with a SU! Blender Pen, and Staz-on Ink - Black.
Other: White satin ribbon, page pebbles....

Enjoy your day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those page pebbles!!!!! My what a nice touch! I must get some of those or maybe my SU demo will order a bunch extra to sell to her stampers. She's good that way ya know!!! ;-)

Shelly said...

My very smart friend Marcy figured out how to color the page pebbles -maybe she should teach that at Stamp Camp!!!

Dee Dee said...

Marcy did figure out a way to color them. I wonder if she will share with us??