Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Embrace Life - SU Color Wheel Inspired

Hello Stampers! I am busily getting ready for my Customer Appreciation/Open House this weekend. that is why I have been sporadic with my postings.

Today's color combination was inspired by the SU! color wheel. I really like this Color Wheel because it gives you all 48 colors and color combinations for 2-step stamping!


For this card I used Embrace Life. The color combination is: Apricot Appeal, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery and Cameo Coral.

I stamped the leaf branch in Apricot Appeal on White c/s. I then mounted Bashful Blue on the back. For those of you, myself included, when c/s is at a premium, why not "cheat" a little. I had some small strips left over from a stamp camp, so instead of cutting a new wider strip, I cut a 1" strip into 1/2" strips. I then added Tombow Adhesive Tape to the back and mounted the strips onto the white c/s. It really helped to have the SU! grid paper for this because I could tell whether I adhered the strips evenly and straight! You can see some of the Tombow in the reflection.

Then, I used the Adhesive Remover (p. 191 of the SU! Idea Book & Catalog) to pick up any Tombow that may have made its way to the "front". I like this Adhesive Remover - easy to use!
As you can see..I have not cut down the white c/s yet.

Here is the finished card. I was working on learning to get a watercolor effect with the large Embrace Life flower. I left the front sentiment off as I was not sure what I would be using this card for.
My supplies:
Stamps: Embrace Life
SU! cardstock: White, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Cameo Coral
SU! classic: Apricot Appeal
SU! markers: Apricot Appeal, Barely Banana
Other: Ribbon, SU! blender pen, watercolor paper

No comments: