Thursday, August 7, 2008

Heard from the Heart and Pretties Kit


Good morning Stampers!

This morning I totally CASE'd a card from the August Stampin' Success magazine I receive from SU! It looked like the card in the magazine was a 3x3, but I wanted to make a full size card, so I just "blew" everything up.

I used the new stamp set that will be available August 11th - Heard from the Heart.











Here is the stamp. Notice I only used the word "Kindness" from the stamp. I began to make the card, and then I decided to show you how I stamped just the word "kindness". I wanted to state that so you did not think that I do not clean my stamps. I do! With SU! Stampin' Mist.

I masked off the wording underneath the stamp by simply using scotch tape. Some of you may have already thought of that, but sometimes I have those moments, "why didn't I think of that!" So I am passing this little tip on - and it isn't even Tuesday!


Then I inked up the stamp in SU! Craft white. I don't have to worry about not inking up parts of the stamp I do not want to use.

Remove the scotch tape and Voila! Easy Peasy!

I then stamped it and embossed with white EP.








I wanted to show you this...Notice my paper goes over my folded card. I did this on purpose so I could line up things the way I wanted them to look. I could move the embossed "kindness" to whatever side of the card I wanted. I wanted it off to the right because I was going to add the petals from the Pretties Kit.


Here are the supplies I used:

Stamp set: Heard from the Heart

Ink: SU! White craft

Papers: Pink Piourette, Riding Hood Red, White, Bella Rosa DSP.

Other: SU! matstack, paper piercer, glue dots, white EP, SU! soft subtle buttons

Thanks for looking! Don't forget about the Customer Appreciation Day! visit my blog at:

www.inkgenuity.stampinup.net

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a little smartie pants!!! What a good tip! I knew there had to be a way to use the craft inks on just part of a stamp - I just couldn't figure it out! Thanks Deeders!!!