Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Color and Sketch Challenge

This past week I participated in the SCS card sketch challenge. The link is a little further down. Although I altered it a little, I still have the elements there. I also participated in the color challenge.

The colors are: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. I don't usually use Sage Shadow and shy away from it, but I really liked the color combo together. I had left over materials, so I made up a 3x3 card - which I can use alone, or attach it to an A2 card.

I used a current Stampin' Up! set: One of a kind.

What I did was stamped the main image in Chocolate Chip. What you cannot see well is I added glitter to the points of the flower and in the "valley" of the flower. I sponged Chocolate Chip ink around all the edges, used my Stampin' Up! Cutter tool/distressing kit and roughed up the edges of the Very Vanilla square. For the center, I used the single flower stamp, stamped it in Sage Shadow, punched it out with the 1/2inch SU punch, and added SU Crystal Effects to it. (I know you cannot see it, but it gives a raised, glossy look. I then used the Choc. Chip marker and inked up "for you" that is included in the set - I did not want the flower image that is part of this stamp. Then used SU! small and large Word Window punch and punched them out. For the background - Sage Shadow card - I inked up the large flower in Sage Shadow and randomly stamped them. The sheer white polka dot ribbon is not SU! but thought it added a nice touch.

Here is the Sketch challenge: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96334&d=1211947379


I have been meaning to talk about these two glues made by Tombow -
who also makes the double sided tape I use at my workshops and classes.
The Aqua (which is the blue one) seems to have a higher water base to it. I say that because I used it to glue cardstock together as well as lighter weight paper such as scrapbook weight and it resulted in a rippled effect. I was not happy with the outcome. I did find it was good for adding embellishments though - because you don't have to worry about a smooth finish like you would adhering two pieces of paper together.
I was a little leery about trying the Multi glue (green one), but I found it had a lower water base so it did not ripple the different weights of paper I adhered together. I have not tried adhering embellishments with it -because of having the Aqua - so I cannot comment on it.
So to sum it up:
Green - good for adhering papers together - I have not encountered a ripple effect - yet I also don't glob it on.
Blue - good for embellishments.

Remember what I say, "A dab will do ya!"

No comments: