Sunday, June 22, 2008

Simple Sunday - Fresh Cuts

Hello,

I CASE'd this card from Andrea Walford, a talented SU! Demonstrator. I liked the simplicity of it and yet it looks lovely. Andrea used Bashful Blue and Kraft, I used the pink.

I stamped Fresh Cuts in White Kraft ink and embossed using white embossing powder. I then cut down the square to the stamped image. The pink is 1/4" larger than the embossed image. I used SU! ticket punch on all four corners both on the embossed image and on the Pink.

I had 5/8" pink grosgrain ribbon on hand so I tied that at the base.

For the Flowers I used SU! Pretties kit that comes with different size flowers in white. To make the small flower pink, I "smooshed" it onto the Pretty in Pink Classic ink pad. I let that dry.

I did not have a white brad, so I made one. I started out with a silver brad. I tapped it onto the Craft White ink pad and then dipped it into the White embossing powder. I heated it until the powder melted. While it was still warm I dipped the brad into the white EP again and heated a second time. It gave it a nice even coat then. I have tweezers that I used to do this whole process. (If you are going to do this, find something to hold the brad during this process so you do not burn yourself.) I did let the brad cool and then used it to attach the flowers to the card. I noticed I did put a "dent" into the embossed powder on the brad. To fix this, I heated up the Heat Gun and reheated the brad until the EP melted again. Be careful not to "burn" the EP or the flower by holding the Heat Gun in one position for too long.

I sponged White Craft ink around the card and stamped the Thank You in Classic Black.

Stamps: Freshcuts - coming out in the 2008 - 2009 Winter/Fall Idea Book & Catalog. Also available in the month of June!

Inks: SU! White Craft, Classic Black

C/S: Kraft, Pink

Accessories: SU! Pretties Kit- flowers, SU! ticket punch, 5/8" pink grosgrain ribbon, silver brad, white embossing powder, sponge.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: