Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Flower punch

Here is my first attempt at a tutorial.

I made this card for Saturday Stash.

Here is the beginnings of the card.


I got this idea from a talented SU! Demonstrator, Ann Clemmer.












I took SU!'s five petal punch and punched out one in Rose Red and Summer Sun and Whtie.

























After I punched the flower in white, I stamped

Circle of Friendship in Rose Red on the flower.





























I then used SU!'s 1/2" circle punch and punched out the middle of the image. I then turned the white flower over and sponged Certainly Celery onto the flower petals.



















I then layered the Rose Red flower on top of the white flower so you get a multi petal look. Notice you cannot see the circle I punched out from the white flower. This is making good use of scraps. No one is going to see whether the white flower is missing any of its cardstock :)
















I then took the Rose Red flower and you can use the Dotto tape dispenser (temporary tape) or I used a Post-it note and "adhered" the flower to part of the adhesive. Works perfectly - holds the cardstock in place. Then insert the flower into the punch. It can get tricky if part of the Post-it note has adhesive exposed - it sometimes will "adhere" itself to the punch. Anyway, turn the flower so you "center" the punch on the petals.







Take the flower out and you can see the Post-it note holds the flower in place.



































The finished flower - a multi point flower. A couple of different looks from one punch.

























To punch out the center, I drew from point to point.
























Here is a pic of the Dotto tape. I am using the Post-it note still, but ran out of "adhesive", so I need to supply my own for this flower.

























1/2 inch circle punch. "X" marks the spot.


























Voila! Another flower!

























So, I layered the White flower, Rose Red flower, the punched out circle with sentiment, and then I added SU! Stampin' Dimensionals to the Summer Sun flower.










Now the finished look. I was pleased with how it turned out. I began to think of other looks I could do with this.

Also, I began to seriously think about doing a video. Took me many times to figure out how to put the pictures into the blog.


















I just wanted to show you one more thing. I punched out the flowers from Rose Red cardstock. I then used this as one of the bases of the card. Again, making the most of what I am using. Something to think about.



I would like to hear what you thought about the tutorial. Would you please leave a comment. I would appreciate hearing from you. You could make a suggestion as to what you would like to see as a tutorial in the future. I will what I can do.

No comments: