Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday Stash - Riibbon


Hello out there in Stampland! Too corny sounding? Okay, I will try and tone it down.

For this week's Saturday Stash I pulled out some delicious ribbon I was hoarding. Yes, ribbon can be delicious. Look at the color and pattern - yum.

Stampin' Up! is promoting an E-scape day this month where they are encouraging everyone to get off the computer and anything else electronic for one day, so you can connect with others - such as making a card for someone. SU!'s sample used my favorite 3x3 size! Perfect size to use up scraps. I have been using these alot lately for thank you's.


I started out with the Bali Breeze DSP (Designer Series Paper) from SU! Love the colors! You can see on the flip side of this pattern paper it is Tempting Turquoise.
I cut the patterned paper at 5 1/2" and scored at 3". I then took my 1 3/8" punch and punched "half a circle" into the patterned paper.
I then punched a 1 3/8" circle out the Tempting Turquoise and Rose Red (one for each card).
I used the Circle of Friendship (get it quick because it is retiring) and stamped it in Tempting Turquoise and Rose Red (one for each card) Punch the circle out with SU! 1" circle punch.
Punch the inner circle with SU! 1/2" circle punch. You can see that I swapped out the 1/2" color circle on each card. The inner circle ink matches the circle base.

In this picture I wanted to show you I used a SU! stampin' dimensional to pop up that 1/2" inner circle.

Then came the search for the ribbon. I cannot tell you where I purchased this ribbon - but it was local. I was thrilled that it matched up so well.
The "pink" ribbon does match the card and the Rose Red color pretty well. I am still learning Photo Shop (older version) and I have not figured that out yet. If anyone can give me a tip on color adjustment - leave me a comment. I welcome it.

Stamps: Circle of Friendship
Classic inks: Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red
C/S colors: Bali Breeze DSP, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, White
SU! Accessories: 1 3/8" punch, 1" punch, 1/2" punch, Stampin' Dimensional
Other: Delicious ribbon!

Thanks for looking!

No comments: